Located in Pas-de-Calais (North of France), Arras was linked to France in 1659 further to ratification of the Treaty of the Pyrenees. Then, the city adopted the defensive proposal of Vauban’s « Pré Carré » which included a citadel (built between 1668 and 1670). However, this latter became known as « The Useless Beauty » because of its bad strategic position.
This room of 12.9m² is based on the fourth and last floor of the hotel. It offers an unobstructed view of Pont Battant (bridge), river Doubs banks and Eglise de la Madeleine (church).