Located in Gironde (South-West of France), Blaye is a stronghold built by Vauban and the engineer Ferry between 1685 and 1692, in order to secure the port of Bordeaux. Thus, they transformed the pre-existent medieval city wall, rebuilt the citadel and built ex nihilo the Fort Médoc and the Fort Paté on 3 distinct sites. This three-part work fully protected the estuary.
This room of 16.1m² is based on the third floor. It offers an unobstructed view of Place de la Révolution, Musée des Beaux-Arts and Labourée’s fountain dating from the 19th century.