Located in Meurthe-et-Moselle (North-East of France), Longwy is a « new city » built by Vauban at the order of Louis XIV, after its annexation in 1679 (Treaty of Nimègue) to secure the north-eastern border. The city is composed amongst others of fortifications built in a hexagonal layout and 6 bastions. Beyond its military aspect, this stronghold gets its originality in the Vauban’s idea of the ideal city.
This room of 14.9m² is based on the second floor. It offers an unobstructed view of Pont Battant (bridge), river Doubs banks and Eglise de la Madeleine (church).